Hunter S. Thompson once wrote, "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." What does this mean to you? Do you agree with the idea? Based on this type of thinking, what do you expect his writing to be like?
2. Cyberpunk wrap-up
3. Gonzo journalism & Hunter S. Thompson
1. Read the articles about the 1970 Kentucky Derby after the jump.
2. Post your active reading notes to your blog (title: DERBY REPORTAGE)
Please read each of the following articles and take active reading notes on the differences you see in perspective, diction, syntax, and tone.
1. The official 1970 Kentucky Derby race recap at kentuckyderby.com
(here's the URL in case the link doesn't work:
2. A retrospective on the first woman to ride in the Kentucky Derby.
3. Hunter S. Thompson's article on the event that signaled the beginning of Gonzo Journalism
(the type got weird on the embedded document, here's the URL for the original, which you can download as a .pdf: http://brianb.freeshell.org/a/kddd.pdf)