JOURNAL TOPIC: (today's tunes: "Graceland" by Paul Simon; "Boy in the Bubble" by Paul Simon; "Homeless" by Paul Simon)
1. Based on what you learned last night, is it fair to say these songs were "by" Paul Simon? Why/why not?
2. Explain how Simon created something new by going back to the roots of a musical genre.
3. Can we describe music as literature?
2. Discuss HW
3. Your colleagues are treasure to be hunted* (*catch and release)
4. SMART goals
1. Create a post for your blog entitled, "SPRING POST 1: MUSIC AS LITERATURE"
2. In that post, answer this question: Can we consider music to be literature? How do we define literature? What is the difference between a novel, a poem, a rap, a song, an opera, and a symphony?