Consider poor Wayne:
So, how do you know how well you can sound out words and get through a text without mistakes?
1. Watch the video below;
2. Get a copy of Fox in Sox by Dr. Seuss;
3. Set up a phone or a camera (or get a friend to help);
4. Read the book as fast and as well as you can;
5. Record your time and the number of mistakes you make;
6. Compare your numbers with mine. Don't forget to count my mistakes--I just learned that I've been mispronouncing the author's name my whole life!
7. Post your video and your stats on your blog under the heading I CAN READ!
UPDATE: In reply to questions from the email bag...
- If you're having trouble finding the book, here is the text without the pics.
- My reading was a one-take job, but yours doesn't have to be. You can practice all you want before posting your best effort.
- To earn course credit you must post I CAN READ! by Friday, February 15.