Monday, August 20, 2012

assessment

This weekend I needed to read and grade:





  • 168 blogs
  • 168 journals
  • 168 vocabulary tests
  • 74 vocabulary test add-ons
  • 188 essays
  • 94 essay add-ons
I almost made it.

Spending time with your work gave me a few ideas:
  • Since some of your work is either personally sensitive or data-sensitive (e.g., a resume that contains your home address & phone number), we need a secure place besides your blog for work that you only want to share with people you select.  Using an online portfolio will also give you a way to showcase your best work if you want to use it as part of an application or presentation in the future.  I like pathbrite but I'm open to suggestions-- click the link, play around with it, and see if you can find something better by Friday, August 24.
  • Peer-to-peer feedback is going to be especially important in a writing-intensive course with so many members.  Long-form writing is a huge key to success in learning this material, and obviously I can't do this every weekend, so this week we will talk about peer-to-peer feedback strategies and tools to reward success, including Project Infinity.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but the hyperlink you put for Project infinity is the homepage for pathbrite.

    ReplyDelete