Friday, August 17, 2012

unfinished business

The way we stormed through the first short week left a couple of loose ends.  To make sure we're all ready to go on Monday without feeling behind, please take care of these items over the weekend (if you haven't already):

  1. Launch your blog and email the URL to dpreston.learning@gmail.com-- you're going to need your blog this weekend.
  2. Comment to the original post on the course blog-- it's important for everyone to know that everyone else is on board.
  3. Finish today's vocabulary quiz by writing 1-2 paragraphs about the first week of the course and what you expect/hope from here on (bonus: you can include thoughts about "The Right to Your Opinion"-- I didn't forget about it, but since we were short on time I pushed the discussion to next week).
  4. Follow the course blog-- or check back over the weekend-- so that you can see when I post the course syllabus.  (I waited to write it until I could get your input at our first meeting on Tuesday.)  Please print the last page, sign it, ask your parent/guardian/[respected-older-person-who-takes-an-active-interest-in-your-success] to sign it, and bring it with you on Monday.
Mahalo and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I already finished my vocab quiz so I'm just going to give my opinion here about the article. I think that article was pretty well written and its right, we need to know what are rights are and what laws accompany them. I, for one, do not know anything about my rights. While writing this response, it jogged my memory of the Bill of Rights in which I read about in my History text book. According to it, we have the freedom of speech, freedom, of press, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, and the right to trial by a jury. I guess those are our rights that being born in the united states has given us. Well, now I know what my rights are...

    Ethan Clardy
    period 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do we find the course syllabus agian ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this week has gone pretty well in class from what i've understood. Over the year I think the class will be very interesting. I plan to get a good grade in the class and pay a lot more attention then i have over the past years.

    Tanner Balaam
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice touch with the "Mahalo" Digging it!

    ReplyDelete